How to Link Directly to Google My Business Reviews
- September 29, 2021
- Local SEO, Marketing Statistics, Online Reputation Management
If you have a business, you may be wondering how important Google reviews are. You may be asking yourself whether are not it is something that you should pay close attention to. The answer is a resounding, YES. Your customer’s opinions, whether good or bad, must be something that you should take very seriously.
This is not only to monitor sentiment about your business’s online reputation but it allows you to interact and engage with your customers and their experiences doing business with you. Above all, it shows other potential customers that you take feedback seriously. Furthermore, it shows you are actively invested in listening to what your customers have to say. Therefore, you should ask for reviews from your customers. the easiest way to do that is to provide information on where to leave the review and make the process as painless as possible. This is why linking directly to Google My Business reviews allows your customers a quick and convenient way to leave feedback on your GMB review page.
Why Google My Business Reviews Matter
The reviews that your customers leave on Google My Business are a key decision factor future potential customers will use to decide if your business is reputable and one they can feel comfortable purchasing from. Reviews are important and without proper online reputation management customers more than likely will move on to one of your competitors.
Google, more importantly, customers, place a high value on the number of reviews and star ratings. This provides your business with the opportunity to increase your online visibility, engage your customers to thank them, or address any concerns they may have. A proper online reputation management strategy will give you a leg up on your competitors that do not have any reviews, do not thank customers who leave positive reviews, or do not address negative feedback.
Also, proper management of your online reputation helps improve local SEO and your rankings in local search engines and local directories. If you are still unsure of the impact reviews can have on future business just look at the statistics below.
REVIEW STATISTICS YOU NEED TO KNOW IN 2021
- Nearly nine out of ten (89 percent) consumers worldwide make the effort to read reviews before buying products (Trustpilot, 2020).
- As many as 62 percent of consumers say they will not support brands that engage in review censorship (Trustpilot, 2020)
- According to the latest online review statistics, nearly four in five (79 percent) consumers say they trust the reviews they read online as much as personal recommendations (BrightLocal, 2020)
- Google is by far the most popular channel people turn to for reviews, with approximately 59 percent of shoppers using it (Bizrate Insights, 2021)
- Online review statistics show that more than half of online shoppers (54.7 percent) read at least four product reviews prior to purchasing a product.
- Almost half (47 percent) of all internet users worldwide say they post reviews about a product, company, or service each month (GlobalWebIndex, 2019)
- 53.3 percent of customers expect businesses to respond to their negative reviews within a week (ReviewTrackers, 2018)
- As many as 97 percent of shoppers who read reviews online also read responses from businesses (BrightLocal, 2019)
- Around 82 percent of consumers say they consult them to find out more about local stores (BrightLocal, 2019)
- The latest online review statistics show that the conversion rates of product pages with reviews are up to 3.5 times higher than those that don’t (Bazaarvoice, 2018)
Your Google My Business listing not only makes your business easier to locate, but it also can impact what position your business ranks in local search results. A combination of positive reviews and a solid local SEO strategy can considerably help your chances of ranking in Google’s Local 3 pack.
How to Get Positive Reviews on Google Business
The problem is only a small percentage of customers take the time to write a review or rate your business after using your products or services. This especially rings true for positive reviews. Consider the following:
- When customers are unhappy, there’s a 91 percent chance they won’t do business with a company again (Lee Resources).
- Dissatisfied customers typically tell nine to 15 other people about their experience; some tell 20 or more (White House Office of Consumer Affairs).
- A negative customer experience is the reason 86 percent of consumers quit doing business with a company (Customer Experience Impact Report).
- Good customer experiences lead 42 percent of consumers to purchase again (Zendesk Customer Service Study).
Writing a review means having to find the business online. Then, customers will have to take time to find where to leave the review and what to say. If customers do not have a simple path or guidance to follow, they will just forget about it and move on.
Therefore, it is essential that you ask your satisfied customers to rate you online, and the easiest way to do this is by providing them the direct URL to write reviews on Google My Business.
But how do you get that link?
How to Link to Google Reviews business
It is important not to overcomplicate this and simplify the process with a direct link to your GMB review page so your customers have a quick and easy way to immediately leave a positive review. This will lead to a noticeable increase in the number of positive reviews you receive from satisfied customers.
Send review requests via email, WhatsApp, text, or any other channels you use to communicate with your customers
You can go even further by personalizing your message when sending your direct link to Google My Business reviews.
To obtain this URL, you can do it through these 3 platforms:
Create Direct Link in Google my Business
If you are going to get the URL from your computer:
This is the most recommended option since it is the official Google platform, which ensures that it is a clean link and allows you to share it directly on your social networks and through email.
- Login to your Google account
- Go home
- Click on the ‘Get more reviews’ button,
- so you will get the short URL that you will send to your customers. You just have to copy it.
If you are going to do it from your mobile:
- Open the Google My Business application on your mobile
- Look for the ‘Clients’ tab
- Click on ‘Reviews’
- Click on ‘Share’ and you can now copy the link to share it with your clients
There is another option to generate this link from Google My Business. When searching for the business in Google, the tab appears on the right. If we click on ‘Write a review’, we can copy the URL of the browser. The problem is that it is way too long and pretty much a turnoff.
In addition, sometimes it redirects to the My Business tab and not to the reviews, so using the first option is advisable.
Create direct link in Google Review Link Generator –White Spark
This is the fastest and easiest tool:
- Open the White Spark tool in your browser with which you are going to generate the url
- Write the name of your company in the Google bar as you would search for it in Google
- A link will appear that will be the one that you send to your clients.
Create Direct Link in Google Business Review Direct Link Generator – Supple
This is one of the most complete tools. In addition to generating a direct URL to Google reviews, it provides you with a short URL, shares it directly with users, and also a QR code for you to add to your website or corporate documents.
- Open the Supple tool
- Select Option 1, to simplify the steps for the customer
- Write the name of your business in the search bar
- select your business and wait for it to load on the map
- Copy the link that has been generated and share it
There are multiple ways that positive customer experiences and ratings can benefit your business. Here are just a few.
- Increased sales. In a study done by Zendesk, 88 percent of customers read an online review that influenced their buying decision.
- Brand reputation. Good reviews amp up your brand’s reputation without any additional work on your end.
- Free marketing. Satisfied customers provide valuable word-of-mouth marketing and often prove to be your biggest advocates. According to a study by American Express, 42 percent of consumers said that a recommendation from a family member or friend would influence their purchase more than a sale or promotion.
- Product and company validation. If you’re raising money, investors and partners will unquestionably look at your ratings and reviews. A strong rating affirms that you have a great company that is worth investing in.
- Promotional material. Great reviews can be used as testimonials on your website, in your marketing creatives, and as a part of your social media marketing campaigns.
Also, there is no shortage of ways to increase the number of positive reviews you receive from happy customers. We have put together a list of 10 popular ways to increase and improve your customer reviews:
- Display Positive Reviews From Happy Customers on Your Home Page
- Make your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts easily accessible from your store so customers can reach out with comments and questions.
- Send an email to customers after they make a purchase.
But beware! Not only positive reviews are important. You need to pay special attention to what people saying about your business. If the feedback or reviews are negative, it is important to respond to the reviews quickly and politely.
The above is what we call online reputation management. We cover in detail how to manage your business’s online reputation here: Online Reputation Management for Small Business
Send Me a Proposal
We offer professional SEO services that help websites increase their organic search score drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.
About us and this blog
We are a digital marketing company with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.